The warehouse in Elandsfontein offers space of 30 000 m2, and has a rail link terminal.
The facility has a rail siding adjoining the Isando rail terminal, where TFR also fulfils the function of network operator. This warehouse receives product via road and rail. This operation is custom-designed for bulk loading and containerising of multiple grades of various products.
This facility is situated within close proximity to O.R International Airport and offers 14 guaranteed train slots per week. Our logistics operation includes custom-designed bulk loading skiptainers, which carries bulk product to the Elandsfontein warehouse.
- Transport: rail, local cartage, long-distance road-haul of containers and bulk
- Over border road & rail
- Private rail siding
- Empty & full container depot services
- Sale and leasing of used containers
- Packing & storage of mining minerals.
- Full customs licence & group age services
- Long distance road-haul & local cartage
- Transport distribution services
- Dedicated labelled stockpile areas
- Bagging plant with undercover storage
- Daily updates on receipts and stockholding
- Collection of empty containers
- Sampling on site
- Photographs taken before, during and after packing
- Tallying of cargo
- Loading and sealing of containers
- Compilation of packing lists
- Pre-staging of full containers pending vessel stacks
- Transport of full container to port
- Submission of final inventory detailing receipts and dispatches
- Full parcel shipment report on completion
Situated less than 7 km from the small mining town of Burgersfort, Steelpoort is the cornerstone of Chrome, Ferro Chrome and Chrome Concentrate Hub. Steelpoort has an estimated output of 14 million tons per annum of chrome export along the Steelport Maputo Corridor.
Mixcorp operates and manages the terminal as a shared service operation with SCA, with a minimum of 3 Trains a week. Mixcorp operates around 650 000 tons of Chrome, and Chrome Concentrate out of Steelpoort for export via Port of Mozambique.
A secure warehouse is situated 2 km from the rail terminal and is used as a back of port and for storage purposes.
ESKOM TUTUKA TERMINAL
This flagship operation at the Eskom Tutuka Power Station employs 65 permanent staff and has 5 sub-contractors on site.
This terminal is projected to offload 4 trains of coal per day with 100 containers per train within 4 hours per train. The annual coal tonnage is estimated at 4.1 million tons per annum.
Mixcorp’s 11,6675 hectare property in Saldanha is strategically positioned relatively close to the Transnet Port Terminal (TPT) operations in the Port of Saldanha and adjacent to the Transnet Freight Rail (TFR) operations at Langeenheid station.
The site currently has developed raw materials handling infrastructure, extensive areas for bulk materials storage and access to the private heavy haul road that goes directly into TPT. Mixcorp is currently upgrading the operation to accommodate 125 wagons and a tippler, as well as a large bulk warehouse for the capacity storage of 100,000 tons.
Anticipated annual volumes are 1 million tons of export iron ore or manganese ore at the Saldanha operation. This will grow to three million tons once the short-term investments have been made.
Sales and Leasing
33 Riley Road
Block 14 Pinewood Office Park
Telephone: +27 11 050 7287